Watch Our Story to learn how an investment in Solar Thermal can save you money.
Scientific Study Sheds New Light on Solar Thermal Heating!
Coyne Prenger, Ph.D.
Why do we:
- Spend money to purchase fossil fuels when the Sun provides free energy?
- Burn irreplaceable fossil fuels, spewing CO2 and other pollutants when not necessary?
- Stand by while billions have no access to biologically safe drinking water?
Some interesting numbers:
- ≈ $250,000,000,000 ($250 Billion) spent annually in the US to purchase fossil fuels for heating processes.
- ≈ $1,000,000,000,000 ($1 Trillion) spent globally to purchase fossil fuels for heating each year.
- Over 10,000,000,000 (Ten Billion) tons of pollutants, CO2, and other greenhouse gases emitted into our environment each year, just for heating.
- 1,000,000,000+ (1 Billion) of our fellow human beings consume biologically contaminated water every day!
- Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) Report, "Solar Heating & Cooling: Energy for a Secure Future"
- Global Map of Solar Irradiance from 3Tier
- Solar Prospecting Tools from 3Tier
- DSIRE - Federal Renewable Energy Tax Credit
- DSIRE - Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency
- NREL - National Renewable Energy Lab - Solar Resource Map
- NREL - US Electricity Rate Map
- EIA - Avg Electricity Price by State
- EPA - Greenhouse Gas Calculator
- Solar Irradiance Calculator by Solar Electricity Handbook